রবিবার, ২০ নভেম্বর, ২০১৬

Film Review: 'The Dark Knight Rises' Ends Nolan's Trilogy In Massively Epic Fashion

ellipsometry


Plans. The very thing that we, as human beings, believe we have become so adept at fashioning that we sorely fail to take the time to reflect and realize that all those plans mean little in the grand scheme of things. Plans for our week i.e. our daily agendas. Plans for our weekends, family and vacation time. Plans for our lives. Life. Something so fragile, yet something we treat so brazenly - that often times, we forget that for all our planning, one never truly knows if he or she will be here long enough to see those plans realized.

In my excitement and almost uncontrollable anticipation of Christopher Nolan's silver screen finale to his celebrated, genre-altering Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises, I made the cognizant decision to forego any and all press screenings in lieu of seeing the film ellipsometry for the first time at midnight with the true blue fans of the character. For those who know me and visit the site regularly, it's no secret that I am a die-hard "bat-fan" - with every piece of my being. I believe with all my heart that Bruce Wayne is the greatest of our heroes... with all his flaws and imperfections. His very humanity is what makes him who he is. Something his comic cohorts don't share. Not only have I spent the better part of my life reveling in the stories of an ordinary man with extraordinary means and drive, become a symbol for good, defeating evil that would rise up and threaten life as we know it - but the last 7 years of my life have been spent watching him be re-imagined, realized and given an on screen treatment so true to the vision of Bob Kane and Bill Finger, that it's hard to imagine anything past its close. It is with great weight on my heart to write that unfortunately, the close I so looked forward to would be marred in tragedy and loss...





As I stepped out of the midnight showing of the film ellipsometry, blood rushing through my veins, on my way to a 3:30am breakfast and philosophical conversation with my father about what we had just witnessed, I was made aware of a horrific happening at a theater in Aurora, Colorado, not too far outside of the current residence of a family member of mine. I read the news running rampantly across our Twitter account about a young man who opened fire with a military-grade automatic weapon on a theater full of people, at a midnight showing of the film. Shock. Sorrow. Tears. Frozen. 71 hit, 59 wounded, 12 killed. Yet, for all my tears and sadness, for a group of innocent people doing nothing more than planning to see the most highly anticipated film of the year, none could match the sadness of those who ended up exiting the theater in utter horror and fear (some injured, some not even making it out at all) having not had the privilege and joy of seeing those plans realized... nor their lives lived out. Pain.

My heart, prayers and sincere condolences are extended to the families/friends/victims of this horrible tragedy. I cry tears for them, not truly being able to fathom what they must be feeling at this time. Out of genuine respect and love for those lost and the cinema, respectively, I held off writing this review until tonight. I've spent the last few days attempting to grasp and try to make sense of everything that has transpired; even knowing fully that attempting to pit the rational against something so purely irrational and senseless is a pointless venture. On a day when we could have used a real hero, I can only hope and pray that true justice is realized and that the man responsible for this travesty has his day. This... is for #Aurora. -Nate

I never thought the day would come. I've dreamt it. I've spent the last year of my life thinking there was a very high likelihood that, because of my love for this character and what Team Nolan has done in realizing the true essence of Bruce Wayne and his plight as The Dark Knight, I may run from giving an truly honest and unbiased review of this film. Making my way in line with the hundreds of other rabid fans, I (in my own custom tee, special ordered for the midnight showing, ticket in hand) waded through the sea of cannon, costumes and conversations to my place with the group for Theater 6 and waited. I thought back to June of 2005, when I was reintroduced to a character whose onscreen exploits I had just about given up on, after the Batman & Robin debacle that buried the franchise in the late 90's. I was going through a particularly rough time in life, and watching Bruce Wayne find his place in society, via the origins of The Batman (via the director of little art house crime thrillers Momento and Insomnia - and featuring a great mysterious young actor in Christian Bale donning the cape and the cowl, as well as the face of Bruce Wayne), gave me hope that I could do the same; and conquer my own fears. It was in this time that I truly found myself and was able to grasp my purpose, to some extent, realizing who I was during a time where I wasn't always sure. I proceeded to see Batman Begins 8 times in the theater over the next two weeks, finding something new to revel in upon each and every viewing. It changed my life. It was stellar.





Tag : ellipsometry

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন